12 SHARC VME Board
6U-VME card with 12 Analog Devices ADSP-21160 SHARC processors provides an extremely powerful multi-processing DSP platform. This board is suitable for processing applications where the highest levels of real-time performance are required.
The 12 SHARC VME Board (V12S) is a 6U-VME card with 12 Analog Devices ADSP-21160 SHARC processors, provides an extremely powerful multi-processing DSP platform. This board is suitable for processing applications where the highest levels of real-time performance are required.
The 12 DSPs of 12 SHARC VME Boardare are arranged in two clusters of 6 each. Each cluster has dedicated SDRAM and FLASH. This architecture of the Board takes full advantage of SHARC’s on-chip distributed bus arbitration logic and external ports, to create a shared parallel bus. This bus provides a 64-bit wide data path between the six processors in each cluster. Apart from the shared bus, the link ports of the DSPs are connected in a point-to-point fashion to increase inter-processor communication bandwidth and optimize system performance. One link port of each DSP is routed to the front panel for external communication, and 6 are terminated on the PMC connector and the VME backplane. The remaining link ports are distributed within and between the clusters for intra- and inter-cluster communication.
One of the clusters is interfaced to the P0 PCI bus through a PCI bridge; and the other cluster is interfaced to the VME bus through a VME bridge. The latter is also interfaced to a PMC site for industry standard PMC I/O. The data transfer from/to the board is done through any of these interfaces. The Board Support Firmware provides the user with options to do self-test and configure other programmable options on the board.
- 12 ADSP-21160 SHARC® processors from Analog Devices
- Total performance of 5.76 GFLOPS
- VME64 and P0-PCI external buses
- PMC site for expandability
- 64 MB SDRAM and 32 MB Flash memory
- Distributed link port architecture for point-to-point communication between DSPs
- Complete link port inter-connectivity possible with additional switching software
- 12 off-board link ports: 6 at the front panel and 6 at the P2 connector
- ADSP-SPORT (available at front panel) and P2 connector for offboard connectivity
- Daisy-chained SPORT
- 1 UART port at P2 Connector
- Operating temperature range -20ºC to +55ºC