Provide all oscillator requirements for C-Band RADAR system using DDS techniques. With the power supply modules built into the system, the entire box is self contained with connector for 28V input power connector.
The C-Band Synthesizer from Mistral is designed to provide all the oscillator requirements for C-Band RADAR systems using DDS (Direct Digital Synthesis) techniques. The configurability is built into the system through an FPGA to further manipulate the registers of the on-board DDS to generate various spot frequencies. While the basic oscillator outputs are the STAMO, COHO, LO1 and LO2, multiple of these outputs are drawn for internal usage and also for monitoring.
C-Band Synthesizer system is supported by an FPGA based Digital waveform generator capable of generating Radar waveforms at IF level.
With the power supply modules built into the system, the entire box is self contained with connector for 28V input power connector. The entire system is housed in a rack based enclosure. The system is ruggedized for operation in harsh environmental conditions and subjected to environmental and EMI/EMC tests as recommended by CEMILAC for ground based systems.
- Xilinx Virtex-5 FPGA based Digital waveform generator capable of generating Radar waveforms at IF level
- AM3517 Sitara ARM cortex-A8 processor module interfaced with a 10/100Ethernet – PHY device for Ethernet communication to a Host PC
- 16-bit one GSPS DAC for converting digital waveform into analog waveform
- Oscillitator outputs supported:
- STAMO (5.4 to 5.9 GHz), LO2 (4.14 to 4.59 GHz), LO1 (1200 MHz), DDS Module Clock (50 MHZ),
- Transmit Waveform, Master Clock (50 MHz),
- Wave Form Generator Module (60 MHZ LFM), COHO (60 MHZ)
- Waveform generator card interfaced to processor module over a GPMC interface
- DDR-waveform memory interfaced to the FPGA
- 28V input power connector