IFF-Communication Interface Unit
FPGA based platform for effective communication between IFF RADAR sub-systems. The IFF-CIU has been qualified to confirm to Environmental (MIL-810F) and EMI-EMC (MIL 461E) based tests.
The Communication Interface Unit (CIU), designed by Mistral, is a part of the IFF Radar and manages communications between Interrogator, RADAR Controller and Encoder. This Radar Communication Interface is an FPGA based platform which can used for effective communication between the above subsystems.
Being an FPGA based platform it allows the flexibility to modify the communication protocols based on their needs. The CIU extracts Radar angle information from the encoder interface signals and communicates the same to the relevant IFF subsystem.
Apart from this, it receives messages from the IFF interrogator, Radar processor and pedestal controller through RS422 and Gigabit Ethernet communication channels. The relevant information is interpreted, unpacked and packed and forwarded to the respective subsystems. CIU also supports remote FPGA re-configuration. The FPGA and the SW image can be remotely reconfigured via Ethernet interface. This prevent the need for the CIU unit to be brought to the lab for any upgrades and ll upgrades can be managed in the field under deployed environment.
CIU has been qualified to confirm to Environmental (MIL-810F) and EMI-EMC (MIL 461E) based tests.
- GPS receiver operated at L1 frequency
- 5- port Ethernet switch which supports 10/100/1000 Mbps
- V- irtex 5 FPGA with embedded PowerPC
- On board 100 MHz Oscillator
- Upto 2Gb DDR2 SDRAM
- Upto 2Gb Flash
- Temperature sensors
- Voltage Monitor
- 12 LVTTL I/O signals
- Configurable RS422 transceivers
- Opto-isolation circuits for high voltage discrete signals
- IEEE 1149.1 compatible JTAG Interface
- Input voltage of 28V (18-36Volts) passed through EMI filter and step down converters to generate respective voltages required onboard
- Complaint to MIL-STD 461E and MIL-STD 810F
- Conduction cooled unit with mechanical dimensions of 300 X 255 X 180.5 MM, material used is aluminum alloy 6082
- Unit weight is less than 5kg.