PCM Telemetry Encoder
IRIG 106 compliant, FPGA-based PCM Telemetry Encoder with Data Acquisition, Conversion, Frame processing and PCM output section. This system has been subjected to environmental test and has been qualified for airworthy application.
PCM [Pulse Code Modulation] Telemetry Encoder from Mistral is used to encode the data in a serial digital format and transmit it on a carrier to another location for decoding and analysis. PCM systems are less susceptible to noise than analog systems, and the digital data is easier to transmit, record, and analyze.
Mistral’s PCM Telemetry Encoder is an FPGA-based system with Data Acquisition, Conversion, Frame processing, and PCM output section. The system is ideal for usage in airborne applications for analyzing flight parameters. This system has been subjected to an environmental test and has been qualified for an airborne application.
Telemetry is a remote sensing technique wherein parameters such as velocity, altitude, temperature, etc. are measured, and the results are transmitted to a distant station where they are displayed, recorded and analyzed. The transmission media may be air, space, copper wire or fiber cable; depending on the application.
- 62 direct-coupled Analog Inputs supporting sampling rates of up to 16 KHz
- Two isolated Analog Inputs supporting sampling rates of up to 4 KHz
- 64 isolated Digital Inputs supporting sampling rates of up to 16 KHz
- MIL-STD-1553 Monitor/Remote Terminal with a dual-redundant bus interface (operating at 1 Mb/sec) monitors the on-board bus and captures the transactions
- Four UART channels monitor on-board serial communication, at Baud rates of up to 307.2 Kb/sec
- Automatic Frame Synthesis from user inputs (conforming to IRIG 106 format)
- PCM bit rates range between 0.1 Mb/sec to 4 Mb/sec
- Data I/O Module supports Synchronous and Asynchronous modes of transmission
- Programmable 6-pole Bessel filter on the Bi-Phase L Output
- Power input is via a Mil-grade 28V DCDC Converter, with front-end filters for MIL-STD-461C EMI/EMC
- Delayed Start-up option, with up to 100 minutes of programmable delay
- Host Application