Quad Serial FPDP Recorder
Multi-Channel Serial FPDP board that support up to a 5.0 Gb/s serial data link which utilizes a highly specialized communications protocol optimized for maximum data throughput.
FibreXtreme SL100/SL240/SL500 are Multi-channel data recorder boards based on the technology pioneered in the original Simplex Link series. FibreXtreme SL100/SL240/SL500 multi-channel Serial FPDP (sFPDP) boards blast data up to a sustained 494 MB/s on each of the four channels available.
FibreXtreme Serial FPDP Multi-channel data recorder supports up to a 5.0 Gb/s serial data link which utilizes a highly specialized communications protocol optimized for maximum data throughput. Data transfers occur without the CPU overhead and non-deterministic latencies associated with many layers of complex communication protocols. The SL100/SL240/SL500 on-board Direct Memory Access (DMA) engine is optimized for maximum data throughput without processor intervention. DMA and register byte swapping provide additional system flexibility.
- 1, 2 or 4 full speed channels
- PCIe and XMC x 8 form factors
- Compatible with x 16 and x 32 PCIe slots
- 4 x independent data streams to host
- 256 Mbytes of on-board DDR2 SDRAM
- Supports 1.0625 Gb/s, 2.5 Gb/s and 5.0 Gb/s serial data rates
- ANSI/VITA 17.1-2003 sFPDP protocol
- Support for front and rear I/O options
- Up to 494 MB/s sustained data rate simultaneously on each channel
- Extends FPDP connections up to 50 km
- Various levels of error detection and status reporting
- Applications: Digital signal processing, Radar and sonar, Medical imaging, Range and telemetry systems, Video production