VME SBC with NXP Power Architecture P4040/4080 Processor is designed to meet the challenging data processing and control requirements for embedded systems in tactical aircraft, armored vehicles and harsh environment naval systems.
The VME-186 Single Board Computer is based on NXP’s high-performance QorIQ P4080 SOC multi-core processor. With four or eight Power Architecture cores running up to 1.5 GHz, and up to 8 GB of high bandwidth DDR3 SDRAM, the VME-186 SBC provides processing and a variety I/O interfaces to satisfy the most demanding requirements of embedded computing.
For retrofit and technology insertion applications, the SVME/ DMV-186 offers a superset of the I/O features of earlier generations of Curtiss-Wright VME including the SVME/DMV-179, 181, 182, 183, 184 and 194 (pinout compatibility) supporting the life-cycle model of successive technology insertions throughout a platform’s lifetime.
The VME-186 Single Board Computer is designed to meet the challenging data processing and control requirements for embedded systems in tactical aircraft, armored vehicles and harsh environment naval systems.
The VME-186 is supported by a wealth of software including Curtiss-Wright’s standard U-Boot, Green Hills INTEGRITY and INTEGRITY TuMP, Wind River VxWorks 6.8/6.9/653 and Wind River Linux.
- Freescale™ QorIQ™ P4040/4080 up to 1.5 GHz
- Up to 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM with ECC
- 256 or 512 MB NOR flash with write protection
- 8 GB onboard NAND flash
- Permanent Alternate Boot Site (PABS) provides backup boot capability
- 512 KB FRAM
- IDT Tempe TSI148 VME64 master/slave interface with VME DMA (2esst capable)
- Three Gigabit Ethernet interfaces
- Two XMC/PMC mezzanine sites
- (4) asynchronous EIA-232 serial ports and up to (4) sync/async EIA-232/422/485 serial channels
- (2) SATA, (2) USB 2.0, (14) DIO, (16) DIFFIO, (2)1553
- Software: Wind River VxWorks 6.8/6.9 SMP, Wind River Linux 4.x, INTEGRITY