VME SBC with NXP Power Architecture P4040/4080 Processor is designed to meet the challenging data processing and control requirements for embedded systems in tactical aircraft, armored vehicles and harsh environment naval systems.
The VME-186 Single Board Computer is based on NXP’s high-performance QorIQ P4080 SOC multi-core processor. With four or eight Power Architecture cores running up to 1.5 GHz, and up to 8 GB of high bandwidth DDR3 SDRAM, the VME-186 SBC provides processing and a variety I/O interfaces to satisfy the most demanding requirements of embedded computing.
The VME-186 is designed to meet the challenging data processing and control requirements for embedded systems in tactical aircraft, armored vehicles and harsh environment naval systems.
For retrofit and technology insertion applications, the SVME/ DMV-186 offers a superset of the I/O features of earlier generations of Curtiss-Wright VME including the SVME/DMV-179, 181, 182, 183, 184 and 194 (pinout compatibility) supporting the life-cycle model of successive technology insertions throughout a platform’s lifetime.
The VME-186 is supported by a wealth of software including Curtiss-Wright’s standard U-Boot, Green Hills INTEGRITY and INTEGRITY TuMP, Wind River VxWorks 6.8/6.9/653 and Wind River Linux.
- Freescale™ QorIQ™ P4040/4080 up to 1.5 GHz
- Up to 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM with ECC
- 256 or 512 MB NOR flash with write protection
- 8 GB onboard NAND flash
- Permanent Alternate Boot Site (PABS) provides backup boot capability
- 512 KB FRAM
- IDT Tempe TSI148 VME64 master/slave interface with VME DMA (2esst capable)
- Three Gigabit Ethernet interfaces
- Two XMC/PMC mezzanine sites
- (4) asynchronous EIA-232 serial ports and up to (4) sync/async EIA-232/422/485 serial channels
- (2) SATA, (2) USB 2.0, (14) DIO, (16) DIFFIO, (2)1553
- Software: Wind River VxWorks 6.8/6.9 SMP, Wind River Linux 4.x, INTEGRITY