An ADSP-21060 SHARC based 6U VME card with two 65 MSPS ADCs at the front, the VME-ADC is an extremely powerful data acquisition platform,for large-bandwidth applications
Mistral’s VME-ADC board is a high-speed data acquisition system for large bandwidth applications. It is a 6U VME card with two 65 MSPS ADCs at the front supported by an ADSP-21060 SHARC processor. It supports either an external or internal sampling clock and the external interfaces are terminated on the front panel through SMB connectors.
The VME-ADC board supports dynamic DC-offset control of analog channels, and FIFO for the temporary storage of data. The onboard processor is supported by a local BOOT FLASH and, hence, can work in a standalone mode with no dependency on the VME bus. All the 6 link ports of the DSP are terminated on a high-density 120-pin connector.
The Board Support Firmware provides the user with options to carry out self-test and configure other programmable options on the board. This VME based dual-channel high-speed data acquisition system can be used along with Mistral’s V12S: a high-end signal processing platform
with 12 Analog Devices ADSP-21160 SHARC processors.
- Analog Devices ADSP 21060 SHARC ® DSP
- Total performance of 120 MFLOPS
- VME64 slave interface
- VME64 external buses
- External DSP JTAG interface on front panel
- Locked header on front panel for link-port connectivity
- 4 Mbits Flash memory
- 4096×36-bit FIFO
- 200 Kgates SPARTAN 2 FPGA
- RS232 interface on P2 connector for off-board connectivity
- Operating temperature range: – 20ºC to +55ºC
- Dynamic DC-offset control
- Two independent analog channels
- 12 RS-422 based Differential Inputs at P2 Connector.