3U OpenVPX GPU Application Accelerator
The VPX3-491, 3U OpenVPX Graphics Processor Unit (GPU) Application Accelerator brings the new generation of NVIDIA® Fermi™ architecture class of graphics processor unit to the rugged deployed application developer.
The VPX3-491 packs the punch of a 240 core GPU device into the 3U OpenVPX™ form factor. The ascendance of GPUs in the field of high performance computing is demonstrated in the NVIDIA Fermi architecture, with numerous features aimed at improving GPU computing over prior generations: larger internal shared memories, a completely new L2 cache, unified memory addressing and many other enhancements designed to improve CUDA applications performance and improve programmer productivity.
The VPX3-491 is designed to work with Intel processor-based single board computers (SBCs) such as the Curtiss-Wright VPX3-1256 2nd Generation Core™ i7 board. The 16-lane Gen2 PCI Express® (PCIe) interface presented by the VPX3-491 can be used with x4 and x8 capable hosts.
- 3U OpenVPX form factor
- NVIDIA Fermi architecture GPU with 240 cores, 2 Gbytes GDDR5 memory
- Dual DVI graphics outputs
- Temperature sensors, voltage and current sensors
- IPMI support
- 12V power
- Air-cooled and conduction-cooled versions
- CUDA 4.1 support for Linux
- Applications: Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance (ISR), Electronic Warfare (EW), Industrial, Compute intensive video rendering