Rugged, High-performance DO-254 and DO-178C Safety Certifiable 3U VPX/OpenVPX AMD E8860 Graphics and Video Capture Module
The VPX3-719 is a rugged, high-performance 3U OpenVPX graphics processing combination module based on the AMD Radeon E8860 Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) with video capture and support for HD-SDI video interfaces. This single-slot module is targeted at avionics applications where a cost-effective, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) alternative to custom developed DO-254 and DO-178 safety-certifiable solutions can offer a competitive advantage for integrators.
The E8860 is the latest embedded discrete GPU from AMD that meets the long lifecycle availability required for military programs through the use of a suite of CoreAVI software drivers and 20-year component supply program. It features up to six independent and simultaneous graphics outputs, 2 GB of dedicated video memory, and video compression encoder and decoder.
The VPX3-719’s large complement of dedicated video memory, combined with its high performance, make it ideal for use in demanding graphics-rich applications that require extensive video processing and display capabilities. Designed for high reliability and a long lifecycle, the VPX3-719 module is especially well-suited to support embedded training, moving maps, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), 360 degree situational awareness, Degraded Visual Environment (DVE) and other graphics, video and compute-intensive applications. This module has been designed for safety certifiable applications, and has been developed to meet the needs of DO-254 and DO-178C. Full sets of certifiable artifacts are available from Curtiss-Wright.
- 3U OpenVPX with Personality Module mezzanine
- Basecard supports module format MOD3-PAY-1D, MOD-PAY-2F, and MOD-PER-2F
- VITA 46-, VITA 48-, and VITA 65-compliant
- AMD Radeon E8860 GPU
- 2 GB GDDR5 SDRAM Graphics memory
- 8-lane PCI Express® (PCIe) Gen2 Host interface
- Supports CoreAVI HyperCore™ graphics hypervisor GPU manager and CoreAVI TrueCore™ GPU safety monitor
- Up to six independent simultaneous Video output selectable from 4 x GPU-direct DVI outputs, Analog RGBHV output, HD-SDI
- Two simultaneous Video capture streams selectable from 2 x HD-SDI and 2 x analog PAL/NTSC
- Support for Built-in Test (BIT)
- Operating system support for Linux, VxWorks®, Microsoft® Windows®
- Safety Certifiable Operating Systems – Wind River® VxWorks 653, Green Hills® INTEGRITY-178, LynxOS-178