6U VPX Intel Core i7 Haswell SBC supports a wide range of operaing systems including Linux (Fedora and RHEL), VxWorks, Microsoft Windows Embedded 7 and LynxOS.
The VPX6-1958 rugged, high performance 6U OpenVPX Single Board Computer (SBC) combines Intel’s powerful Core i7 processor with the power and flexibility of the VPX platform’s high speed fabric interconnects. The VPX6-1958 supports Intel’s 4th Generation Core i7-4700EQ processor. Utilizing this advanced Quad-Core CPU and Curtiss-Wright’s proven ruggedization technology, the VPX6-1958 excels in harsh environments, making it ideal for architecting high performance computing and processing systems utilizing DSP, GPGPU and FPGA modules, and/or multiple SBC processors.
With a high speed, dual-channel DDR3 memory subsystem connected directly to the processor supporting up to 32 GB SDRAM, the VPX6-1958 is able to maximize the performance of the multiple processing and GPU cores and AVX2 floating-point processing units of the Core i7 processor. The Core i7 is also equipped with L3 cache, allowing it to process larger vectors at peak rates than previous processor technologies.
Up to 128 GB of SATA NAND flash memory make the VPX6-1958 ideal for handling applications with demanding storage, data logging and sensor processing requirements.
- 6U VPX form factor
- Intel 4th Generation Core i7 Quad-Core 22nm processor, Haswell 2.4 GHz Quad-Core CPU
- Up to 32 GB DDR3 SDRAM
- (4) Gigabit Ethernet (Dual TX+ Dual SerDes available)
- (1) AC97 Audio port
- (2) RS-232
- (2) RS-422
- (8) GPIO
- (3) USB 2.0 and (1) USB 2.0/3.0
- (4) SATA
- (2) 40 GbE (quad planned)
- 16 lanes of PCIe3 with flexible port configurations (1x16, 2x8, 4x4)
- Ruggedized air-cooled, conduction-cooled, and Air Flow Through (AFT) cooling Windows WES7, Linux, VxWorks, LynxOS and RHEL