Rugged, high performance 6U OpenVPX Intel Core i7 Broadwell Single Board Computer (SBC) excels in harsh environments, making it ideal for architecting high performance computing and processing systems.
The VPX6-1959 Single Board Computer is a rugged, high performance 6U OpenVPX unit that combines Intel’s powerful Core i7 processor with the power and flexibility of the VPX platform’s high speed fabric interconnects. The VPX6-1959 supports Intel’s 5th Generation Core i7 processor. Utilizing this advanced quad-core CPU and Curtiss-Wright’s proven ruggedization technology, the VPX6-1959 excels in harsh environments, making it ideal for architecting high performance computing and processing systems utilizing DSP, GPGPU and FPGA modules, and/or multiple SBC processors.
With a high speed, dual-channel DDR3 memory subsystem connected directly to the processor supporting up to 32 GB SDRAM, the VPX6-1959 Single Board Computer is able to maximize the performance of the multiple processing and GPU cores and AVX2 floating-point processing units of the Core i7 processor.
The VPX6-1959 includes dual mezzanine sites – two XMC or one PMC and one XMC module – supporting a wide variety of mezzanine daughter cards.
The VPX6-1959 supports a host of standard I/O including four independent Gigabit Ethernet ports, multiple RS-232, RS- 422, SATA and USB ports, discrete DIO, DVI and dual-mode DisplayPort and VGA, and analog audio ports.
- Intel Core i7 Broadwell 5th Gen processor
- Up to 32 GB DDR3L at 1600 MT/s supporting 25.6 GB/s
- Up to 128 GB SATA NAND flash
- Supports two PMC/XMC expansion mezzanines
- Available in air-cooled and conduction-cooled versions
- Supports Linux (Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)), VxWorks, Microsoft Windows Embedded and LynxOS
- Applications: High Performance Embedded Computing (HPEC) systems , General computing and mission processing, Multi-SBC systems for advanced processing and ISR applications