6U VPX 24x 1GbE and 4x 10GbE Managed Ethernet Switch and Router provides a fast, secure and unified approach to interconnect subsystems, chassis, cards, and compute nodes within any given platform using 1 or 10 Gigabit Ethernet links.
Curtiss-Wright’s VPX6-684 Ethernet Switch and Router provides Systems Integrators with a fast, secure and unified approach to interconnect subsystems, chassis, cards, and compute nodes within any given platform using 1 or 10 Gigabit Ethernet links. Providing up to 24 wirespeed 10/100/1000 Mbps interfaces and up to four 10 Gbps interfaces in a single 6U VPX slot, the VPX6-684 Ethernet Switch is ideal for architecting system-wide Intra-Platform Networks (IPNs). The VPX6-684 VPX Gigabit Ethernet Switch comes with a powerful set of management interfaces and complete Layer 2/3 software with dual IPv4/v6 support for building secure, high performance networks.
The VPX6-684 FireBlade can also be configured as a Unified Threat Management (UTM) router that is capable of strong perimeter defense through an ICSA certified firewall. This is achieved with the PMC-110 CryptoNet.
For building networks in the lab environment, Curtiss-Wright provides a VPX6-684 FireBlade RTM that plugs into the backside of the VME64x backplane and provides up to 24-ports of RJ45 connectors, one 10/100 deug port, two EIA-232 serial interfaces and 4-ports of 10 GbE.
- Fully managed, intelligent multi-layer (layer2/3) gigabit Ethernet switch in a 6U VPX form factor
- Complies to OpenVPX switch profile: SLT6-SWH-4F24T
- Complete range of convection and conduction cooled formats (IEEE 1101.1 and IEEE 1102.1) with shock and vibration support
- Up to 24 x 1GbE (10/100/1000 Mbps) auto-negotiating copper interfaces (4 of the ports can be optical)
- Up to 4 x 10GbE (10 Gbps) XAUI interfaces
- Wirespeed performance for all packet sizes at layer 2 or layer 3 including jumbo packets
- EIA232 out of band serial management and 100Base-T debug port
- Ideal for architecting IPv4, IPv4/v6, or pure IPv6 transformational network architecture with support for intelligent routing
- Flexible network management, monitoring, and configuration capability via CLI, Telnet, Web, and SNMP interfaces
- Supports latest switching/routing features for layer 2 switching; layer 2 multicasting; VLANs; Spanning Tree (Rapid and Multiple); link aggregation; port mirroring; CoS/QoS features; layer 3 IPv4/v6 routing; tunneling; IP Multicasting
- Ubiquitous security including Secure Memory Erase; user authentication; port based security; protocol-based security; broadcast storm control; secure sockets layer (SSL); secure shell (SSH); stateless firewall capability; flexible Access Control Lists (ACLs); Network Address Translation (NAT) and Multi-cast NAT
- Extensive Built in Test (BIT) capability including Power up BIT, Initiated BIT and Continuous BIT.