Wind River Workbench
Complete suite of developer tools for software running on Wind River platforms, including end-to-end, open standards–based suite for device software design, development, debugging, test, and management.
Wind River Workbench is a complete suite of developer tools for software running on Wind River platforms. It’s everything you need to quickly configure your operating system, analyze and tune your software, and debug an entire system.
Workbench offers the only end-to-end, open standards–based suite for device software design, development, debugging, test, and management. Through its powerful combination of capabilities, integration, and availability, Workbench enables organizations to standardize on a common environment for device software development, helping developers, project teams, and enterprises improve their effectiveness.
With an extensible framework to seamlessly integrate third-party and in-house plug-ins for total customization and scalability, Workbench addresses the challenges individual developers and project teams face by increasing productivity, enabling collaboration between hardware and software developers, and meeting diverse development needs across an enterprise.
- Best-in-class capability at each phase of the development process
- End-to-end, open standards–based suite for device software design, development, debugging, test, and management
- Combined export and import makes it possible to prepare a single ZIP archive of projects
- Multiple-target OS support, including support for VxWorks 5.5, VxWorks 6.x, Wind River Linux, and Wind River Hypervisor
- Target processor support for ARM, ColdFire, Intel Architecture/Pentium, MIPS, PowerPC, SH, and XScale processors
- Target simulators for VxWorks and Wind River Linux development on Windows, Linux, and Solaris
- Plug-in architecture, enabling additional target OS, target processor, and target connection support to be added by Wind River Professional Services