Virtex-5 XMC/PMC combines data processing and I/O in a single module The XMC-FPGA05F is available in PMC only, XMC only, or a combined PMC/XMC formats.
Incorporating quad fiber-optic transceivers with a user programmable Xilinx Virtex-5 FPGA, the XMC-FPGA05F XMC/PMC module combines data processing and I/O in a single module. The module can be used for a wide range of tasks including sensor I/O, data recording and linking systems in real-time. The FPGA can be used to implement custom protocols, data encryption or a network processing.
The XMC-FPGA05F is designed to be a user programmable FPGA resource and is fitted with a Xilinx Virtex-5 SX95T FPGA that is optimized for a high ratio of DSP blocks to standard logic blocks to support high performance signal processing. Variants of this module are available with standalone IP such as sFPDP that do not require any FPGA development.
The Module is available in PMC only, XMC only, or a combined PMC/XMC formats. A range of environmental requirements are addressed by the XMC-FPGA05F including commercial, air-cooled rugged and conduction-cooled.
- Up to four fiber-optic transceivers
- User programmable Xilinx SX95T Virtex-5 FPGA
- Four banks of 128 Mbyte 16-bit DDR2 SDRAM memory
- PMC/XMC form-factor (HSS links or PCI Express)
- VxWorks and Linux host support
- FusionXF FPGA Design Kit support
- SerialFPDP HDL support
- Commercial and rugged build options