Mistral’s Product Engineering team has extensive experience in single and multi- camera integration for a wide range of embedded devices for automotive, medical, consumer, industrial, drones, security and surveillance applications.
Recent technology advances in CMOS sensors enable a new generation of smart cameras that represent a quantum leap in sophistication. Today’s digital cameras, in addition to capturing images/videos, capture high-level descriptions of the scene and analyze what they see. These devices support a wide variety of applications including object detection, surveillance, motion analysis and facial identification.
Mistral’s camera sensor integration expertise includes integration of CMOS/CCD based camera modules, image/video pre-processing algorithms and/or compression.
Some of the embedded devices designed by Mistral with camera integration include wearable computers, assistive devices, IP cameras, handheld devices, drone electronics etc. Mistral has expertise in camera integration on various embedded processors SD820, RZ/G1E, i.MX, OMAP35x, AM/DM37x, DM81xx etc. for Windows Embedded CE or Android or Linux platforms.
Mistral’s camera integration expertise for embedded devices include:
- CMOS and CCD Camera Integration
- MIPI Camera Sensor Integration
- CSI Camera Sensor Integration
- Single or Multi-camera integration
- CMOS Sensor Tuning
- Coding Standards
- Video: MPEG2, MPEG4, H.264, VC1
- Image: JPEG
- Defining various levels/profiles for trade-off between computational complexity and compression efficiency
- Serial camera and display interface – MIPI, Camera Link, SDI etc.
- Parallel camera interface
- Video interfaces like: HDMI, DVI, Component, S-Video, Composite, HD-SDI, 2D-SDI, 3G-SDI, Camera Link
- Custom pre-processing
- Image Scaling
- Pixel correction
- Lens shading correction
- Black Level compensation
- White balance
- Color space conversion
- Bt656/RGB conversion
- Low-level Algorithms
- Region extraction, Contour following, Elipse fitting, Graph matching
- Communication interfaces
- VGA display, Ethernet, USB, RS232
- Device drivers for Linux, Android and Windows Embedded
- Image/video compression/decompression, degradation, jitter, digitization, stitching, streaming methods, and network transmission to ensure top video quality
- Balancing increased memory capacity, greater processing power, wider networking bandwidths, display type, and power management and making these components fit together with the camera seamlessly
- Machine Vision
- Facial Recognition