High Density Interconnect PCBs have a higher wiring density per unit area than conventional PCBs and are utilized in complex small form factor designs. High Density Interconnect PCBs (HDI PCB) help reduce size and weight, as well as enhances electrical performance of a device.
Mistral’s team has extensive experience in High Density Interconnect PCB design and offers microvias, blind and buried vias, fine lines and spaces, sequential lamination, via-in-pad technology based solutions for innovative, next generation products.
Mistral’s expertise in High Density Interconnect PCB design include:View Page
- Selection of High Density Interconnect PCB (HDI PCB) design technique based on:
- Size – Small form factor, portable devices like digital cameras, mobile phones, wearable gadgets
- Performance – products requiring increased speed of processing and communication, at high frequencies in telecom, defense and aerospace applications
- Components – meeting the board/PCB constraint of providing more pinouts in a smaller footprint
- Innovative design methods in Fine Pitch Micro BGA designs
- Managed up to 0.37mm BGA pitch designs with 2 mil/ 2mil track/spacings
- HDI PCB Designs with stacked and staggered micro-vias
- Board level, System level Signal IntegrityI, EMI/EMC & Thermal analysis
- Signal performance analysis for Reflections, Timing, BER, EYE opening
- DC drop analysis in power supply rails due to copper losses.
- Handling the power integrity impact while using High Density Interconnect PCB Design techniques
- This includes effects of mounted inductances of decoupling capacitors, changes in plane performance due to reduction in perforation from chip pinouts, and the inherent plane-capacitance changes from using dielectrics of various thicknesses