6U VPX SBC with Dual NXP Power Architecture 8640 Processors provides high-performance VPX processing and a long list of features and I/O interfaces to satisfy the most demanding requirements of embedded computing.
The VPX6-185 NXP Single Board Computer (SBC) provides functionality to the Curtiss-Wright VPX family that includes quad-processor DSP, FPGA accelerator and XMC/PMC carrier modules. The VPX6-185 6U VPX SBC is based on the 8640/8641 processor.
Available in single-core and dual-core versions with AltiVec and up to 2 GB of DDR2 SRAM, the VPX6-185 Power Architecture SBC provides high-performance VPX processing and a long list of features and I/O interfaces to satisfy the most demanding requirements of embedded computing.
The VPX6-185 is targeted at the challenging data and digital signal processing needs of tactical aircraft, armoured vehicles, and harsh environment naval systems. For retrofit and technology insertion applications, the VPX6-185 VPX SBC offers a superset of the I/O features of earlier generations of Curtiss-Wright VME 18x SBCs.
- Powerful general-purpose single board computer with NXP 8640 Power Architecture processor
- Up to 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM controlled by dual 64-bit controllers
- (4) Gigabit Ethernet interfaces
- (4) asynchronous EIA-232 serial ports and up to (4) sync/async EIA-232/422/485 serial channels
- (2) SATA, (2) USB 2.0, (14)DIO, (16)DIFFIO, (2)1553
- Fabric Interconnect Ports: sRIO or PCIe dataplane, 2x 64-bit PMCs on independent PCI buses, VPX/VPX-REDI formats with four 4-lane fabric ports
- Software: VxWorks 6.7, Wind River Linux 3.0, INTEGRITY, LynxOS, MILS 2.0
- Designed for military harsh-environment applications, both air- and conduction-cooled
- Available in a full range of environmental build grades
- Applications: SWaP-C consolidation , Mission computer applications, ISR applications