6U VPX SBC with Dual NXP Power Architecture 8640 Processors provides high-performance VPX processing and a long list of features and I/O interfaces to satisfy the most demanding requirements of embedded computing.
The VPX6-185 NXP Single Board Computer (SBC) provides functionality to the Curtiss-Wright VPX family that includes quad-processor DSP, FPGA accelerator and XMC/PMC carrier modules. The 6U VPX Single Board Computer, VPX6-185 is based on the 8640/8641 processor. It is targeted at the challenging data and digital signal processing needs of tactical aircraft, armoured vehicles, and harsh environment naval systems.
For retrofit and technology insertion applications, the VPX6-185 NXP Single Board Computer offers a superset of the I/O features of earlier generations of Curtiss-Wright VME 18x SBCs. Available in single-core and dual-core versions with AltiVec and up to 2 GB of DDR2 SRAM, the VPX6-185 Power Architecture SBC provides high-performance VPX processing and a long list of features and I/O interfaces to satisfy the most demanding requirements of embedded computing.
- Powerful general-purpose single board computer with NXP 8640 Power Architecture processor
- Up to 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM controlled by dual 64-bit controllers
- (4) Gigabit Ethernet interfaces
- (4) asynchronous EIA-232 serial ports and up to (4) sync/async EIA-232/422/485 serial channels
- (2) SATA, (2) USB 2.0, (14)DIO, (16)DIFFIO, (2)1553
- Fabric Interconnect Ports: sRIO or PCIe dataplane, 2x 64-bit PMCs on independent PCI buses, VPX/VPX-REDI formats with four 4-lane fabric ports
- Software: VxWorks 6.7, Wind River Linux 3.0, INTEGRITY, LynxOS, MILS 2.0
- Designed for military harsh-environment applications, both air- and conduction-cooled
- Available in a full range of environmental build grades
- Applications: SWaP-C consolidation , Mission computer applications, ISR applications