Industrial mmWave RADAR – 60GHz AoPCB Module
The mmWave Industrial (60GHz) RADAR on Module (RoM) with Antenna on PCB (AoPCB) from Mistral is an easy to use, compact, light-weight RADAR Module based on IWR6843 mmWave Sensor from Texas Instruments, providing high functionality for Industrial applications.
Based on Texas Instruments IWR6843 mmWave Sensor, a ultra high-resolution single chip FMCW RADAR sensor SoC, the Industrial mmWave RADAR on Module with Antenna on PCB is ideal for low power, self-calibrating, ultra-accurate RADAR systems in industrial environment.
The Standalone IWR6843 mmWave Sensor based RADAR module comes with Tapered 3E PCB antenna to cater to different industrial applications. The Module supports flexible industrial interfaces like USB, CAN, UART and SPI and can be powered via USB or Header.
The IWR6843 mmWave Sensor based Industrial RADAR Module operates at frequency bands of 60-64GHz. The 60GHz AoPCB RADAR Module is one of the most powerful in its category currently in market and comes with advanced features such as FMCW Transceiver, DSP for Advanced Signal Processing, Hardware Accelerator (for FFT, Filtering, and CFAR Processing), ARM R4F Microcontroller, Built-in Calibration and Self-Test (address safety, aging and temperature-based variations). The module includes starterware and sample applications for common Industrial RADAR usages.
The small footprint of the IWR6843 mmWave Sensor based 60GHz Industrial mmWave RADAR on Module ensures that customers can design custom enclosure to suit their application. Mistral can also build and provide custom IP6x compliant enclosures based on the customer requirements.
Complex signal processing runs within the IWR6843 mmWave Sensor based 60GHz AoPCB RADAR Module and only the processed Point Cloud RADAR data (Object’s ID, Range, Angle and Velocity) is given out over serial/CAN interfaces. In addition, raw data output is made available via LVDS ports, for debugging and development purpose. The Raw ADC data capture can also be enabled by pairing with TI’s DCA1000EVM real-time data capture adapter via the 60-pin Samtec connector. The Industrial RoM (AoPCB) comes with SDK 3.01, along with object detection and counting sample applications.
- IWR6843 mmWave Sensor with
- FMCW Transceiver with Integrated PLL, Transmitter, Receiver, Baseband and ADC
- 60-64GHz Coverage with 4GHz Continuous Bandwidth
- Four Receive Channels and Three Transmit Channels
- Built-in Calibration and Self-test
- ARM Cortex R4F-Based Radio Control System
- Hardware Accelerator for Signal Processing (FFT, Filtering and CFAR Processing)
- C674x DSP for Advanced Signal Processing
- Antenna Pattern: Tapered Three Elements
- Supports TI’s SDK 3.01
- Firmware Support: Necessary Drivers, OSAL, mmWaveLink, mmWaveLib, mmWave API, Binary RADARSS Firmware
- CAN for external connectivity
- 1 SPI Channels, 1 UARTs, I2C, GPIOs Interface Support
- JTAG and 2-Lane LVDS Interface for Raw ADC Data and Debug (DCA1000)
- Chirp configuration files for Ultra-Short Range, Short Range and Medium Range
- Sample applications: Obstacle detection out of box demo, People counting, Collision warning, Vital signs monitoring
- Dimension (L x W x H): 54 x 53 x 18 mm
- Operating Temperature Range: -40 C to 85 C