Industrial mmWave RADAR – 60GHz AoPCB Module
The mmWave Industrial (60GHz) RADAR on Modules (RoM) with Antenna on PCB (AoPCB) from Mistral are easy to use, compact, light-weight RADAR Modules based on IWR6843 ES2.0 mmWave Sensor from Texas Instruments, providing high functionality for Industrial applications.
Based on Texas Instruments IWR6843 ES2.0 mmWave Sensor, an ultra high-resolution single-chip FMCW RADAR sensor SoC, the Industrial mmWave RADAR on Modules with Antenna on PCB are ideal for low power, self-calibrating, ultra-accurate RADAR systems in an industrial environment.
The standalone IWR6843 mmWave Sensor (ES2.0) based RADAR modules come with Tapered 3E or ODS 1E PCB antenna to cater to different industrial applications. The Modules support flexible industrial interfaces like USB, CAN, UART and SPI and can be powered via USB or Header.
The IWR6843 mmWave Sensor (ES2.0) based Industrial RADAR Modules operate at frequency bands of 60-64GHz. Mistral’s 60GHz AoPCB RADAR Modules are among the most powerful in its category currently in the market and comes with advanced features such as FMCW Transceiver, DSP for Advanced Signal Processing, Hardware Accelerator (for FFT, Filtering, and CFAR Processing), ARM R4F Microcontroller, Built-in Calibration and Self-Test (address safety, aging and temperature-based variations). The modules include starterware and sample applications for common Industrial RADAR usages.
The small footprint of the IWR6843 mmWave Sensor (ES2.0) based 60GHz Industrial mmWave RADAR on Modules ensures that customers can design a custom enclosure to suit their application. Mistral can also build and provide custom IP6x compliant enclosures based on customer requirements.
Complex signal processing runs within the IWR6843 ES2.0 mmWave Sensor-based 60GHz AoPCB RADAR Modules and only the processed Point Cloud RADAR data (Object’s ID, Range, Angle and Velocity) is given out over serial/CAN interfaces. In addition, raw data output is made available via LVDS ports, for debugging and development purpose. The Raw ADC data capture can also be enabled by pairing with TI’s DCA1000EVM real-time data capture adapter via the 60-pin Samtec connector. The Industrial RoMs (AoPCB) comes with SDK 3.05, along with object detection and counting sample applications.
For pricing information of ODS 1E Module, please contact email@example.com
- IWR6843 ES2.0 mmWave Sensor
- FMCW Transceiver with Integrated PLL, Transmitter, Receiver, Baseband and ADC
- 60-64GHz Coverage with 4GHz Continuous Bandwidth
- Four Receive Channels and Three Transmit Channels
- Built-in Calibration and Self-test
- ARM Cortex R4F-Based Radio Control System
- C674x DSP for Advanced Signal Processing
- Antenna Pattern: Tapered 3E or ODS 1E
- Hardware Accelerator for Signal Processing (FFT, Filtering and CFAR Processing)
- Supports TI’s SDK 3.05
- Firmware Support: Necessary Drivers, OSAL, mmWaveLink, mmWaveLib, mmWave API, Binary RADARSS Firmware
- Peripherals support for Tapered 3E - CAN, 1 SPI Channels, 1 UARTs, I2C, JTAG and 2-Lane LVDS, GPIOs Interface Support
- Peripherals support for ODS 1E - UART, SPI/CANFD/GPIOs
- Chirp configuration files for Ultra-Short Range, Short Range and Medium Range
- Sample applications: Obstacle detection out of box demo, People counting, Collision warning, Vital signs monitoring
- Dimension (L x W x H): Tapered 3E - 54 x 53 x 18 mm; ODS 1E: 55 x 40 x 18 mm
- Operating Temperature Range: -40 C to 85 C