AM65x Industrial SOM
The AM65x Industrial SOM from Mistral is easy to use, compact, light-weight System on Module providing very high processing power for Industrial applications. The AM65x SOM and AM65x Development Kit are based on Texas Instruments AM6548 SoC and ideal for complex processing, connectivity, and control required for Industry 4.0.
The AM65x Industrial SOM from Mistral is easy to use, compact, light-weight System on Module providing very high processing power for Industrial applications. With a form factor of just 63mm x 90mm, the AM65x SoM is among the smallest TI Sitara ARM-based SOMs available in the market currently.
AM65x Industrial SOM
Based on a dual board architecture, the development kit consists of Mistral’s AM65x Industrial SOM built around TI’s AM6548 Processor (With discrete power solution, Memory, Gigabit Ethernet PHY) and a Carrier Board that enables industrial communication and control solutions using serial, Ethernet-based, PCIe, and industrial real-time interfaces.
The AM65x Industrial SOM from Mistral is easy to use, compact, light-weight System on Module providing very high processing power for Industrial applications. With a form factor of just 63mm x 90mm, this is one of the smallest TI Sitara ARM-based SOMs available in the market currently.
Mistral’s AM65x SOM consists of 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 @ 1.1GHz with a Dual-core ARM Cortex-R5F MCU subsystem, 2GB DDR4 with 1GB ECC, 8GB eMMC and with major interfaces available via inter-board connectors. Equipped with powerful features, the AM65x Industrial SOM is ideal for designs requiring secure boot, multi-protocol Gigabit communication, graphics, functional safety features and Time Sensitive Networking (TSN).
The feature-rich AM65x SOM supports Industrial communication through PRU-ICSSG (Programmable Real-time Unit for Industrial Communications) sub-system supporting protocols such as Profinet, EtherCAT, Ethernet/IP and cycle-by-cycle PWM control in a very small footprint.
Quad Cortex A53 processor
Compact Form Factor:63 x 90 mm
Linux, VxWorks, Helix Hypervisor & Android 9.0
Mistral’s AM65x Industrial SOM is equipped with powerful features ideal for designs requiring secure boot, multi-protocol Gigabit communication, graphics, functional safety features and Time Sensitive Networking (TSN).
- Quad Cortex A53 @ 1.1GHz
- Dual-core ARM Cortex-R5F at up to 400MHz
- 2GB DDR4 (Support up to 4GB) with 1GB ECC
- 8GB eMMC (Support up to 32GB)
- Parallel Display Interface (VOUT Port)
- Open LDI (Open LVDS Display Interface)
- Camera Serial Interface (MIPI CSI2)
- Parallel Camera interface (VIN Port)
- 3V Input
- On-board power regulator for SoC & its associated circuitry in the SOM
- SERDES to support USB3.1 (SuperSpeed Gen1) / PCIe x2 / SGMII
- 1 x USB2.0
- OSPI (Hyper Bus)
- 6 x eHRPWM
- 3 x Enhanced Quadrature Encoded Pulse (EQEP)
- 6 x PRU_ICSSG PWM
- 2 x 8-channel ADC (ADC0, ADC1)
- 2 x CAN for external connectivity
- 4 x I2C; 2 x SPI; 5 x UART; and GPIOs Interface Support
- One GigE (CPSW) interface supporting RGMII
- 6 x GigE ports (PRU_ICSSG) supporting RGMII
Dimensions: 63 x 90mm
AM65x Development Kit
The AM65x Development Kit is an ideal development platform for designing Industrial Programmable Controllers (PLC), Factory Automation with Safety Functions, Industrial PC and Industrial Robots, Grid Infrastructure Protection Relays, Edge Computing, and Robotic Motor Drives.
- 12V, 5A DC Power input
- Buck and LDO regulators
- Discrete Power Supervisory circuits
- CPSW Gigabit Ethernet Port
- 2 x PRU-ICSSG Gigabit Ethernet Port
- PCIex1, PCIex2 Connector
- 512Mb OSPI Flash
- SD Card Connector
- HDMI Display
- LVDS Display
- MicroUSB Debug Port via FT4232 to access MCU, WKUP and Main domain.
- JTAG Interface
- USB 3.0 Host Port
- USB 2.0 Dual Role Port
- 5mm Audio (Headphone and Line-in Jack)
- 4-lane MIPI CSI Camera
- CAN Port
- Profibus Connector
- MIKRO Bus Header
- eHRPWM, EnDAT, EQEP
- RTC Controller
- Current Monitor
- Temperature Sensor
- Crypto Authentication
Form Factor: 200 x 200mm
- AM654x Development Kit consisting of AM654x SOM and Carrier Module
- Linux Arago BSP /Android 9 (Pie) (Online)
- Helix Hypervisor
- WindRiver VxWorks
- WindRiver Linux
- Binary Images (Online)
- Linux Arago BSP
- Android 9 (Pie)
- Quick Start Guide (Online)
- User Manual (Online)
The following accessories are recommended to enable software development with the AM654x Development Kit. These are available through 3rd party vendors.
- Power Supply (12V) – https://www.digikey.in/product-detail/en/cui-inc/SDI65-12-U-P5/102-3417-ND/5277850
- Micro USB Cable
- HDMI Cables
- SD (class 10) cards
- Any standard HDMI Display (Monitor/Television)
The AM65x Development Kit supports Linux 4.19.38 Arago BSP and Android 9 (Pie). The AM65x Development Kit enables rapid software development as it supports all standard Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) provided by Linux Arago BSP (Embedded Linux, Linux RT) and Android 9 (Pie).
- Native – ModBus, CANopen
- Licensed from Port – ProfiNET, Ethernet/IP
Road map for Protocols
- Road map for Protocol: EtherCAT, Sercos III, EnDAT/EQEP, CCLink IEField, ProfiBUS
Other Road Map: Time Sensitive Network (TSN)
Additional Adapter boards can be made available for the AM65x Development Kit for accelerated product development that exercises various interfaces via the expansion connectors. These boards ensure easier customization and faster turnaround of the end product design.
LCD Display Board
- 10.1” LVDS LCD panel with WXGA (1280x 800) resolution with 10point Capacitive touch
SERDES Adapter Board
- 2 lane PCIe adapter board
- USB3.0 + 1 lane PCIe adapter board
Other Custom Adapter Boards that can be developed
- Motor Controller
- Wireless Connectivity
A quick overview of the AM65x SOM from Mistral.