With over 20 years of expertise in embedded product development Mistral’s Android Development Services are backed by a team of experts with in-depth knowledge on the Android Product Development framework and Android HAL, Mistral offers a wide range of Android Development Services for embedded devices and smart gadgets based on this rich and evolving platform.
Android Development Services
Android Development Services offered by Mistral cover base porting, Android HAL development and customization to bridge the hardware-software gap, Android Product Development, feature/application development, performance optimization, testing and validation and peripheral integration and application development on various hardware platforms.
Mistral has worked on various Android versions, from Nougat, Marsh mallow, Lollipop, Kitkat to earlier flavors like Jelly Bean, Ice Cream Sandwich, Gingerbread, Froyo and more. The Android Development Services team at Mistral has comprehensive knowledge on Linux Kernel, Android Runtime, JNI, Android SDK, Android HAL, framework APIs, development tools, testing process and techniques to avoid pitfalls. The team is adept in using Android’s APIs for Location-Based Services, data, storage, networking, telephony, multimedia, and 3D graphics. Mistral has done extensive work on the Android internals and our Android team have an in-depth system level understanding of the Android HAL architecture that provides by the link to the Linux system software to service the request from the Android framework.
Some of the key Android Development Services and Android HAL customization projects Mistral has worked on include:
- Head-mounted computer with micro-display and voice activated commands running Android Jelly-Bean
- Handheld electronic magnifier for assisted vision with Android ICS
- Passenger Control Unit for an In-Flight Entertainment System running Android Gingerbread
- Mobile Internet Device (MID) that can be customized as a user interface for home appliances like refrigerators, washing machines etc. based on Android Gingerbread
Android Product Development
As part of its offerings in the Product Engineering Services domain, Mistral’s offers a wide range of Android product development services which include:
- Base porting
- Android porting and integration on ARM and x86 based hardware
- Peripheral Integration and Android HAL Design Services
- Design and implementation of Android HAL for various peripheral devices like: Display, touch screen, Audio, camera, GSM, LTE, Bluetooth, WiFi, RIL, USB, USB OTG, HDMI
- Developing JavaClass, JNI API’s for non-standard peripherals
- Feature development
- Customization and enhancements to Android middleware like: Audio framework, power management, codec integration etc.
- Customizing Stagefright / OpenMAX media framework
- Customizing display, overlay, SurfaceFlinger and AudioFlinger framework
- Customized Android’s RIL (Radio Interface Layer) to support telephony
- Integrating/Customizing Phone, Wifi, BT, RIL, storage framework components
- Implementing custom frameworks to support sensors like pulse oximetry, ALS, temperature, e-compass, accelerometer, gyroscope, Magnetometer, Biometric, etc.
- Customization of Android HAL Layer sources for Audio/Sensor/Touch Interfaces
- Performance Optimization
- System profiling to identify bottlenecks and tune components to bring out the best performance
- Android Application development
- Mobile application requirement analysis and conceptualization ( UI design, Prototyping, User stories)
- Design, Development and Testing applications
- Porting mobile applications between platforms and devices
- Launching and distributing mobile applications
- Posting application to Android Market
- Providing maintenance and product support services
- CTS execution for Android
- Experience in developing applications based on following Android technologies: NDK,LBS, Multimedia, Streaming, Sensors, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, NFC, USB, SIP, Animation & Graphics, OpenGL, Styles & Themes, Custom components and Custom Home applications
- Android tools
- Source management using REPO and GIT servers, GERRIT review tool, Android build system and debug tools
- Testing and Validation
- Automated tests using Android’s Instrumentation Framework
- Verification and validation of Android solutions with an emphasis on Compatibility Test Suite
- Android Test Harness to drive system testing from host PC over ADB link