6U VPX SBC with NXP Power Architecture P4040/4080 Processor is targeted at the challenging data and digital signal-processing needs of tactical aircraft, armored vehicles and harsh environment naval systems.
The VPX6-187 VPX Single Board Computer is based on the NXP QorIQ P4040/4080 SOC multi-core processor. Available in versions with 4 or 8 cores running up to 1.5 GHz, and up to 8 GB of high-bandwidth DDR3 SRAM, the VPX6-187 SBC provides high-performance processing and a long list of features and I/O interfaces to satisfy the most demanding requirements of embedded computing.
Available in a full range of environmental build grades, the VPX6-187 is targeted at the challenging data and digital signal-processing needs of tactical aircraft, armored vehicles and harsh environment naval systems. For retrofit and technology insertion applications, the VPX6-187 offers a superset of the I/O features of the previous generation Curtiss-Wright VPX6-185 Power Architecture SBC. The VPX6-187 supports the life-cycle model of successive technology insertions throughout a platform’s lifetime.
The VPX6-187 OpenVPX SBC is supported by a wealth of software including Curtiss-Wright’s standard U-Boot, VxWorks 6.8/6.9/653/MILS, Wind River Linux Board Support Package (BSP), INTEGRITY BSP, LynxOS-178 and LynxOS 7.
- NXP QorIQ P4040/4080 Communications Processor with eight Power Architecture processor cores, high-performance datapath acceleration logic, network and peripheral bus interfaces required for mil/aerospace applications
- Up to 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM with ECC controlled by dual 64-bit controllers
- (3) Gigabit Ethernet interfaces (optional dual 1000BASE-X)
- (4) asynchronous EIA-232 serial ports and up to (4) sync/async EIA-232/422/485 serial channels
- (2) SATA, (2) USB 2.0, (14)DIO, (16)DIFFIO, (2)1553
- Fabric Interconnect Ports: One PMC/XMC sites, One x8 PCIe XMC site, One 64-bit PMCs on independent PCI buses
- Software: VxWorks 6.x SMP, Wind River Linux 4.x, INTEGRITY, LynxOS-178B and LynxOS 7
- Designed for military harsh-environment applications, both air- and conduction-cooled
- Applications: SWaP-C consolidation, Mission computer applications , ISR applications