Radio over IP Gateway
Designed to support legacy Tone Remote Control (TRC) or E&M wireline control equipment to operate over modern IP networks
The RoIP (Radio-over-IP) Gateway available from Mistral allows legacy Tone Remote Control (TRC) or E&M wireline control equipment to operate over modern IP networks
Each RoIP Gateway connects to one or two radio circuits, and each circuit supports analog audio, binary control (PTT & COR) as well as RS-232 serial data. The analog audio is field selectable between a balanced 4-wire connection suitable for most fixed station radios, and unbalanced transmit and receive audio suitable for direct connection to most mobile radios.
In many cases, a mobile radio’s programming and/or control head serial data can be transported over IP as well (contact us for radio serial data compatibility). A pair of RoIP Gateways are thus able to transport one or two analog radio circuits across an IP network.
- Transports voice, I/O and Data for up to two radio channels
- Handles Tone Remote Control (TRC) and Local/E&M radio circuits
- Remote PTT operation controlled by VOX or COR
- Uses standard IP network
- Compatible with many IP-based voice recorders
- Field-selectable voice compression includes PCM (64 kbps), and ADPCM (16-32 kbps).
- Fully configurable via web browser, including all audio levels
- Designed for harsh, unattended radio site environments
- 19″ rack mountable
- Operates at 12 Volts DC