MDS-Industrial Display System
Based on AM437x SoC from TI, the MDS-Industrial Display System provides localized monitoring and distribution for critical equipment, helping reduce operational costs without compromising on production schedules or product quality.
Commercial and Light Industrial applications often require localized monitoring and control of critical equipment such as Electrical Distribution, HVAC, Water Management, etc. The MDS-Industrial Display System from Mistral provides localized monitoring and distribution, enabling critical equipment with the intelligence and control that is needed to support strategic decisions and establish best energy practices.
The MDS is based on the AM437x SoC from Texas Instruments. It can read multiple downstream Sensor PCBs via an EtherCAT Protocol and display the data to a local display or stream it to the Cloud or Enterprise Server. It helps in reducing operational costs without compromising on production schedules or product quality. The MDS can be used in Distribution Units, Remote Control Panels, Branch Circuit Monitoring or at end feed for data collection from various sensor modules.
- AM437x 800MHz/1GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor with multi-core PRU-ICSS
- 1GB of DDR3L via 2x 256M X16 DDR3L
- 4GB of eMMC memory
- SPI Flash for boot option
- 256KB of EEPROM for boot-strapping and Device Identification
- 1x Micro SD card connector to connect up to 32GB micro SD card
- DSS I/F on AM437x multiplexed between LCD and HDMI transmitter
- Software configurable MUX to select display output (HDMI or LCD)
- 7” TFT LCD panel with capacitive touch
- Audio codec with 3.5mm audio jacks for stereo speaker output and mic input
- 1x GigE (10/100/1000) Ethernet port
- 10/100BaseT Ethernet port
- 2x RS422/RS485 serial communication interfaces
- 1x UART from PRU-ICSS
- 1x USB 2.0 host interface over standard type A connector
- 1x USB 2.0 OTG interface over micro AB connector
- 2x Camera interfaces via Expansion header
- 4x SPI interfaces
- Linux Bootloader with Drivers
- Android Kitkat 4.4