Advanced Highway Patrol Vehicles with Live Video streaming and GPS Tracking
The Highway Patrol Vehicles are custom-designed, fully equipped, robust vehicles, outfitted with specialized surveillance, communication & monitoring equipment for emergency response on highways. These first responder vehicles are designed for traffic management and prevention of crimes on highways. The Highway Patrol Vehicle (HPV) provides an enhanced sense of safety and security to highway Commuters by ensuring smooth traffic flow and managing any impediments due to accidents or other unlawful incidents. This case study showcases Mistral’s expertise in design, integration, and commissioning of advanced highway patrol vehicles, that feature sophisticated monitoring, communication and control systems.
The Highway Patrol Vehicles are designed for Karnataka State Police who were keen on inducting advanced patrol vehicles equiped with modern communication, surveillance and monitoring systems.
The Requirement – Highway Patrol Vehicle
The Karnataka State Police had approached the industry for high technology solutions to enhance road safety and reduce crimes on the highway. Mistral was awarded the contract to design and integrate a modern surveillance system into an SUV platform for 24×7 patrolling of highways and smooth traffic management. These Highway Patrol Vehicles had to have advanced surveillance and communication equipment to ensure traffic discipline, and emergency management on highways.
The Highway Patrol Vehicle requirements included:
- Pan-tilt Zoom Surveillance Cameras
- Network Video Recorders and Communication Console
- Central Monitoring Station
- Public Addressing System
- Search/Emergency Light
- Alcohol Breath Analysers
- UPS Power Supply
- GPS Tracking & 4G based Video transmission
- Rescue tools – Crowbar, Axe, Snatchstrap
Design of Highway Patrol Vehicles
Mistral designed and integrated Highway Patrol Vehicles with special-purpose equipment and custom-made components such as PTZ surveillance camera, Top-bar LED light, Pan-Tilt searchlights, etc. for patrolling and monitoring the traffic on Highways.
The Highway Patrol Vehicle is based on a newly launched Toyota Innova CRYSTA which was supplied by the Karnataka State Police Department.
Below listed are the details of equipment integrated into the Highway Patrol Vehicles:
- Custom-designed PTZ Camera – A 30X Pan-Tilt-Zoom Surveillance camera to provide a panoramic/long-range view of the traffic, even during critical conditions. It allows remote adjustment of the camera to pan, tilt and zoom into objects with the high-resolution video quality.
- Fixed Camera – A 1/2.8″ CMOS, full HD camera is fitted on the rear side of the vehicle.
- Advanced Video Analytics (at Control Rooms) – To enable traffic enforcement, various customer-centric analytics like ANPR, Speed Monitoring, Triple Riding, Helmet detection, etc. have been enabled at the central control room effective traffic and safety management.
Monitoring & GPS Tracking
- Real-time Positioning
- Tracking of Highway Patrol Vehicles
- Live Video Feed Monitoring from Central Command Centre, & designating officers through their mobile devices
Command & Dispatch
An IP based Command & Dispatch communication system is provisioned inside the Vehicle enabling Control Room operators to communicate with the police personnel in Highway Patrol Vehicles and vice versa.
Statistics & Reports
Malfunction, Alarm, Business & Illegal reports, Device Logs, Operation Logs.
Vehicle CAN data
The integrated VMS software in Highway Patrol Vehicle allows the officers in Command Control Room to access the CAN data like speed, remote start and stop in case of emergency, fuel level, etc of the vehicle for remote monitoring and decision making.
Public Addressal and Traffic Management
- PA System
- Expandable Reflective Traffic Delineators / Barricades
Rescue & Emergency response
- Rescue Tools (Snatch Strap, Foldable Saw, Crowbar)
- First Aid, Stretcher
Managing Traffic Violations
- Breath Analyzer
- Speed Gun, ANPR
Read the full case study to know about the challenges and benefits of Highway Patrol Vehicle.