iOS Application Development for Drones
A drone is a light flying robot with on-board sensors for imaging. It is more formally acknowledged as Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV). Fundamentally, drones can be flown autonomously or be remotely controlled through software. Mistral has the expertise in designing low power, light weight electronics for drones along with smartphone/tablet Android/ iOS Application Development for Drones.
The iOS Application Development is designed to perform as close as possible to the in-built iOS App Development to provide the user with a unified user experience (UX). This case study showcases Mistral’s capability in iOS Application Development services to control the photo/video capturing, editing, transferring and sharing features of the drone.
The customer is one of the market leaders in robotics and has been making tethered drones for government and industrial applications. These drones were designed to operate in all types of wind and weather conditions.
The customer was developing a new drone, which is designed to be controlled entirely by smart phone or tablet. The customer approached Mistral for iOS App Development services with following features:
- Photo/Video capturing
- Photo editing
- Video trimming
- Transfer Photo/Video captured on the drone to phone
- Sharing the captured Photo/Video on social network
Mistral provided iOS App Development services for their drone to enable camera capture, download the captured media to the phone. Mistral helped the customer to identify the right technology that enabled rapid iOS App Development.
Following aspects were part of the iOS Application Development process:
The iOS App Development services provided by Mistral included:
- Apple’s general purpose compiled programming language “Swift” which is more robust than Objective-C was used to develop the User interface & Objective-C wrappers were developed to integrate with the drone SDK.
- Mistral team helped the customer to finalize the requirements for the iOS App Development, iOS App Development Services, iOS application development using the use-case specification document.
- Wire-frames for the iOS Application Development were designed to freeze the look and feel of the application.
- Agile methodology was used to manage the project.
- Incremental release was made to enable the customer to get early release and testing.
- Independent verification and validation team was engaged in testing every release.