NAND Flash Controller
The NAND Flash Controller provides an easy access to ONFI 3.0 NAND Flash Devices over an 8-bit wide interface to handle multiplexed command, address and Write/Read data sequences.
NAND Flash is a non-volatile, high-density memory typically used for secondary storage or long term storage. NAND Flash Controller IP cores handle all the commands, address, data sequences, and hardware protocols. The NAND Controller devices usually have a complex and multiplexed device architecture which only support page Write/Read and Block Erase operations. The ONFI 3.0 NAND Flash Controller IP Core from Mistral provides an easy access to NAND Controller devices over an 8-bit wide interface to handle multiplexed command, address and Write/Read data sequences.
Supporting ONFI 3.0 NAND Flash controller standards, the NAND Flash Controller has several configurable features and parameters to customize the controller for the specific needs of diverse applications.
The NAND Flash Controller IP Core is designed for:
- Maximum Data Transfer Rate
- Optimal Resource Utilization.
- Open NAND Flash Interface (ONFI) 3.0 protocol compliant
- AXI interface compatible
- Supports Synchronous and Asynchronous modes of operation
- NV-DDR2 I/O performance for higher throughput up to 178MB/s
- ECC Logic for error detection and correction
- Supports Multi-plane Cache Mode Operations
- Transfer rates up to 333 MT/s
- Supports Xilinx and Altera FPGAs