12-port Rugged Gigabit Ethernet Mezzanine Switch that support "in-chassis" networks with managed Layer-2 switching capabilities. The XMC-651 XMC/PMC Ethernet Switch is an ideal low cost zero-slot Ethernet switching solution that can be added to any basecard with an XMC/PMC mezzanine slot.
The P/XMC-651 is a 12-port Gigabit Ethernet switch packaged in the industry-standard XMC form factor. It is designed to support “in-chassis” networks with managed Layer-2 switching capabilities. Part of a family of Gigabit Ethernet switching/routing products from Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions, the XMC-651 XMC/PMC Ethernet Switch is an ideal low cost zero-slot Ethernet switching solution that can be added to any basecard with an XMC mezzanine slot. These switches are designed for rugged applications with backplane I/O and is offered in a full range of ruggedized air- and conduction-cooled versions.
The XMC-651 and PMC-651 both offer 8 ports of Gigabit Ethernet supporting tri-speed 10/100/1000Base-T with auto-negotiation and auto-MDI/MDIX crossover support. For some XMC variants, an additional 4 ports are offered, supporting SerDes (1000Base-X) GbE, providing flexibility when connecting in-chassis devices.
The XMC/PMC-651 family supports Layer-2 multicast, where a single source device can send data to multiple destination devices. This technique is extremely powerful when distributing data such as video and telemetry information. The PMC/XMC-651 Ethernet Switch family offers full support for jumbo frames up to 9K bytes.
- 12-port Gigabit Ethernet switch: supports 8-port 10/100/1000Base-T plus 4 ports SerDes (1000Base-BX)
- Non-blocking line-speed Ethernet switching
- Supports jumbo packets up to 16K bytes
- IEEE 802.3 compliant
- Managed Layer-2 features include VLAN, L2 multicast, QoS services
- Support for port mirroring and link aggregation
- XMC or PMC with Pn4 IO supports 8 ports Base-T
- XMC with Pn6 IO supports 5 ports Base-T, or 3 ports Base-T plus 4 ports Base-X (SerDes)
- XMC with Pn4/Pn6 IO supports 8 ports Base-T on Pn4 plus 4 ports Base-X (SerDes) on Pn6
- No software required, only power and I/O from basecard
- Range of air and conduction-cooled ruggedization levels available