Low Power 3U VPX 20-port fully featured Layer-2 managed Ethernet switch that provides up to 20 ports of copper Ethernet connectivity designed to support advanced network architectures for the defense industry.
The VPX3-652 3U VPX Ethernet Switch provides up to 20 ports of copper Ethernet connectivity. Models are available with 16 ports of tri-speed 1000Base-T backplane connections, or with 12 ports of 1000Base-T plus an additional 8 ports of 1000Base-X (SerDes) connections for mixed Base-T/Base-X environments. An additional 1000Base-T port is available on the front panel for air-cooled modules.
Part of an extensive line of Ethernet Switches and Routers from Curtiss-Wright, the VPX3-652 3U VPX Ethernet Switch supports an extensive set of Layer 2 switching features. It’s flexible management interfaces, including a powerful command line interface (CLI) for setup and configuration, as well as SNMP and Web management interfaces, accelerate development time to market and simplifying maintenance support.
- 3U VPX form factor, complies with OpenVPX/VITA 65 standards
- Supports OpenVPX profiles MOD3-SWH-16T and MOD3-SWH-8U12T
- Up to 20 Gigabit Ethernet ports with flexible port configurations to rear VPX backplane
- Additional front panel Ethernet port on air-cooled models
- Non-blocking architecture supports tri-speed operation (10/100/1000Mbps) with auto-negotiation and auto-MDIX on Base-T ports
- Feature-rich networking support includes IPv4/v6 support, VLANs, IGMP multicast, QoS, MSTP/RSTP, link aggregation, port mirroring, and jumbo frames
- Static routing for WAN connectivity
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) with cable diagnostics. Status LEDs on air-cooled models
- Hardware support for IEEE-1588 Precision Time Protocol (PTP)
- Powerful in-band (HTTP/Telnet/SNMP) and out-of-band (RS-232) switch configuration and management
- Fast boot architecture with extensive Built-In Test (BIT) and declassification capability for secure erasure
- Extremely low power operation (<15W typ)
- Air-cooled and conduction-cooled versions