AM65x Industrial SOM
The AM65x Industrial SOM from Mistral is an easy to use, compact, light-weight System on Module providing very high processing power for Industrial application. The Industrial SOM is based on Texas Instruments AM6548 SoC and is ideal for complex processing, connectivity and control required for Industry 4.0.
The AM65x Industrial SOM from Mistral is an easy to use, compact, light-weight System on Module providing very high processing power for Industrial application. With a form factor of just 59mm x 69mm, this is one of the smallest TI Sitara ARM based SOMs available in the market currently.
Mistral’s AM6548 Industrial SOM consists of 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 @ 1.1GHz with a Dual-core ARM Cortex-R5F MCU subsystem, 2GB DDR4 with 1GB ECC, 8GB eMMC and with major interfaces available via inter-board connectors.
Equipped with powerful features, the AM65x Industrial SOM is ideal for designs requiring
secure boot, multi-protocol Gigabit communication, graphics, functional safety features
and time-sensitive-networking (TSN). The feature-rich SOM supports Industrial communication thru’ PRU-ICSS (Programmable Real-time Unit for Industrial Communications) sub-system supporting protocols such as Profinet, EtherCAT, Ethernet/IP and cycle-by-cycle PWM control in a very small footprint.
Application Development on the AM65x Industrial SOM is enabled with Embedded Linux,
Linux-RT, TI-RTOS and Android which are based on TI’s TISDK.
- AM6548 - Quad Cortex A53 @ 1.1GHz with Dual-core ARM Cortex-R5F at up to 400MHz
- Supports up to 4GB DDR4 with 1GB ECC and 32GB eMMC
- One Gigabit Ethernet PHY (CPSW)
- 6 x Gigabit Ethernet Ports (PRU_ICSSG)
- Cryptographic acceleration & Secure boot
- On-board power regulators and Reset circuitry
- Supports CAN, USB, SPI, UART, I2C and GPIOs Interface
- Time-sensitive networking (TSN) support
- Linux and Android Support
- Form Factor: 59 x 69mm
- Operating Environment: -40 C to 85 C