A Quad Power Architecture Digital Signal Processing Engine that utilizes the 6U VPX-REDI format with eight NXP Power Architecture MPC8640 processor cores (four 8640D dual-core processors).
The CHAMP-AV6 Quad DSP engines utilize the 6U VPX-REDI format to unleash the tremendous I/O bandwidth of its eight NXP Power Architecture MPC8640 processor cores (four 8640D dual-core processors). The local and off-board Serial RapidIO interfaces provide up to 10X the communications bandwidth that was achievable with the VME format. Signal processing applications with streaming dataflow will benefit greatly from the dual 64-bit DDR2 memory subsystem associated with each 8640.
The CHAMP-AV6 delivers 10GB/s full duplex bandwidth to meet the needs of multi-processor systems. A wide range of software supports the CHAMP-AV6 for all areas of application code development including VxWorks 6.x and Workbench 2.x, and Continuum Insights visualization and instrumentation tools.
- Quad Power Architecture 8640/8640D processors at up to 1.0GHz
- Up to 1 GB DDR2 SDRAM with ECC per processor
- Each processor has dual 64-bit memory banks
- VPX-REDI format (1" pitch) with 4 Serial RapidIO ports on P1 connector and option for one PCI Express port
- 512Mbytes Flash with write-protection; 128 Kbytes NVRAM
- One XMC site supporting PCI Express
- Gigabit Ethernet to all processors with on-board switch
- VxWorks 6.x BSP and Driver Suite supporting Workbench 2.x IDE
- IPC inter-processor communications library
- Continuum Vector DSP function library with VSIPL support
- Continuum Software Architecture (CSA) firmware providing a comprehensive suite of system debug, exerciser, and update functions, BIT, and non-volatile memory sanitization function
- Designed for military harsh-environment applications, both air- and conduction-cooled