Wind River VxWorks Cert Platform
RTOS for safety-critical applications that require RTCA DO-178, EUROCAE ED-12, or IEC 61508 certification evidence in a single integrated environment, with complete platform integration, including powerful tools for debugging, code analysis, and test.
Wind River VxWorks Cert Platform provides a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solution for delivering safety critical applications that must be certified to the stringent requirements of RTCA DO-178B and EUROCAE ED-12B (“Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification”), IEC 61508, and other related software standards.
With VxWorks Cert Platform, developers can take full advantage of technological advances in microprocessors that the VxWorks COTS real-time operating system (RTOS) enables, with the assurance that they will have a strong OS foundation to meet the most demanding safety certification standards.
VxWorks Cert Platform includes the award-winning Wind River Workbench development suite. Wind River Workbench is an Eclipse-based collection of tools designed to accelerate time-tomarket for developers building devices with VxWorks real-time operating systems. From hardware and board initialization to application development, Workbench offers deep capability across the development process in a single integrated environment, with complete platform integration, including powerful tools for debugging, code analysis, and test.
- Certification to RTCA DO-178, Level A on numerous projects
- IEC 61508 SIL2/3 certification on numerous projects
- Optional certified Highly Reliable File System (DO-178, Level A)
- Optional support for real-time processes (RTPs, on select versions)
- Optional Wind River Certified Network Stack (TCP/UDP/IPv4/Multicast, DO-178 Level A and IEC 61508 SIL3)
- Proven, robust VxWorks API
- Support for PowerPC, Intel, and ARM® architectures
- Wind River Workbench development suite