3U VPX Data Processing Engine based on Xilinx Zynq Ultrascale+ RFSoC Gen3 integrates multi-gigasample RF data converters and soft-decision forward error correction (SD-FEC) into an SoC architecture.
The VPX3U-RFSoC-G3-CH8 from Mistral is a 3U VITA-46 VPX-based Data Processing Engine built around the 3rd generation transformational Zynq® Ultrascale+™ RF system-on-chip technology (RFSoC) from Xilinx®. The Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC integrates multi-gigasample RF data converters and soft-decision forward error correction (SD-FEC) into an SoC architecture. Equipped with an ARM® Cortex®-A53 processing subsystem and UltraScale+ programmable logic, the Zynq UltraScale+ delivers the right platform for analog, digital, and embedded design, simplifying calibration and synchronization along the signal chain.
With a sampling rate reaching up to 5GSPS, the VPX3U-RFSoC-G3-CH8 presents an array of eight Transmit and Receive channels. In addition, the 3U VPX Data Processing Engine offers dual-channel 100 Gigabit Ethernet fiber optic interface for data transfers up to 25 GB/s. The VPX3U-RFSoC-G3-CH8 is available in both air and conduction-cooled variant, making it a perfect COTS product for EW, RADAR, SONAR, SIGINT, and other rugged Aerospace and Defense applications.
- Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC - Integrated ADC, DAC, programmable logic and processing subsystems
- 8-channel 14-Bit ADC > >5.0GSPS
- 8-channel 14-Bit DAC > 10.0GSPS
- LVDS connections to RFSoC for custom I/O
- Optional VITA-66.4 optical interface for backplane gigabit serial communication
- Dual 100 GigE UDP interface
- Compatible with several VITA standards
- Air-cooled/conduction-cooled configurations
- MIL-STD-810G for Environmental Compliance
- MIL-STD-461E for EMI/EMC Compliance
- Open-source Linux BSP for software development